Some Lesser Known Facts About Sohail D
- Sohail D is a social media influencer and a former TikTok model. He gained popularity after appearing as a contestant in the MTV reality show Splitsvilla Season 14 (2022).
- Fascinated by acting since childhood, Sohail used to participate in various inter-school competitions.
- At the age 0f 21, Sohail started his career as a TikTok influencer; however, on 29 June 2020, TikTok was banned in India. Sohail Shaikh had more than 10 million followers on TikTok before the app was banned. In an interview with a media house, Sohail talked about the Chinese app TikTok and said,
TikTok was my main source of earning. And yes I was upset, but the nation comes first. Fortunately, so many apps have come into the picture now, like MOJ, and I have four million followers on that.
- After the Indian government banned the Chinese app TikTok, Sohail started using Instagram for making reels. As of 2022, Sohail has more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
- Along with making reels, Sohail D is a certified gym instructor and nutritionist. In 2020, Sohail Shaikh launched his gym and fitness centre, Sohail D Fitness Centre. During an interview, Sohail talked about his gym and said that opening a gym was one of his dream projects. He said,
I have started Sohail, The Fitness Gym, which has been my dream for a while now. When I started going to the gym from that day, I had a dream to open mine, that dream came true this year finally.”
- In an interview, Sohail Shaikh said that he drew inspiration for his looks from Hrithik Roshan’s styling. He said,
I follow Hrithik Roshan sir’s style. I love the way he carries out himself.Then, I had a chance to shoot with Hrithik Roshan sir. I was very excited because I was getting to work with someone who I love watching on screen. He was very kind and listened to my concept and we shot. I felt so lucky that I was the one who got a chance to shoot alone with Hrithik sir.”
- Sohail Shaikh has collaborated with various Bollywood actors to promote their upcoming films. He has interacted with Indian actors like Hrithik Roshan, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Hina Khan, Nora Fatehi, Ritesh Deshmukh and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- In an interview with a media house, Sohail Shaikh recalled his first collaboration with Milind Gaba and revealed that he got nervous during the interaction. He quoted,
I remember my first interaction with a celebrity clearly. I had to meet Milind Gabba. I was a bit nervous because it was my first time to but it went off really well. Then, I had a chance to shoot with Hrithik Roshan sir. I was very excited because I was getting to work with someone who I love watching on screen. He was very kind and listened to my concept and we shot. I felt so lucky that I was the one who got a chance to shoot alone with Hrithik sir. The rest of the influencers there made a video in a group with him.”
- According to Sohail Shaikh, initially, he received hundreds of criticizing feedback from social media users. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
In the beginning, 80 percent of comments were negative or hate messages, but I never took it seriously. Everyone has haters, but if you ignore them they will stop commenting, so now I get zero hate comments on my posts. I still get some negative comments, but I never react to them, so they have stopped messaging.”
- Sohail Shaikh is a fitness enthusiast. He often shares pictures and videos of post-workout sessions on different social media handles.
- In 2022, he made his television debut with the MTV reality show Splitsvilla Season 14.
- Sohail Shaikh, during an interview in 2020, expressed his interest in pursuing a career in the Hindi entertainment industry. According to Sohail, he was supposed to sign a film in 2020; however, owing to the Covid-19 pandemic, he had to drop his plan. Sohail said,
I want to work both in TV and films. I was about to sign a film, but because of the Covid situation I couldn’t sign it. Maybe when the pandemic situation gets better I will sign it.”
- He wears a necklace adorned with the letter “D.”