Age: 39 Years
Husband: Omkar Kulkarni
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neha Joshi
- Neha Joshi is an Indian film & TV actor, film producer, and theatre artist. She is known for her Hindi TV series ‘Ek Mahanayak– Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’ (2019) in which she played the role of Bhimabai Ramji Sakpal-Ambedkar.
- She was born and brought up in Pune, Maharashtra.
- During her college days, she started participating in various theatre plays, and from there she developed an interest in acting. She then performed in various Hindi and Marathi theatre plays. Her first commercial Marathi stage drama was ‘Drama Kshan Ek Pure.’ She then performed in many Hindi and Marathi theatre plays.
- Neha Joshi has appeared in various Marathi TV serials such as ‘Avaghachi Sansar’ (2009), ‘Ka Re Durava’ (2014), and ‘Jyotiba Aani Savitribai Phule’ (2017).
- She has also acted in Marathi films like ‘Nati’ (2014), ‘Poshter Girl’ (2016), ‘Farzand’ (2018), ‘Nashibvaan’ (2019), and ‘Medium Spicy’ (2020).
- Apart from Marathi TV serials, she has also acted in Marathi films like ‘Bach Ke Zaraa Bhoot Bangle Mein’ (2013), ‘One Night Out’ (2018), and ‘Drishyam 2’ (2022).
- In 2022, she appeared in the Hindi TV serial ‘Doosri Maa’ in which she played the character of Yashoda.
- Apart from acting, she has also worked as a co-producer in the Hindi short film ‘Ukali.’
- On 16 August 2022, she tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend Omkar Kulkarni. She met him on the sets of one of her Marathi TV shows. During an interview, Neha talked about her husband and marriage. She said,
I got married on August 16, and I came on the sets just a few days after. I still don’t know about the change marriage brings as I didn’t get the time to stay in the way other newlyweds brides get to live. I am here right now on the sets because of his support and understanding. My wedding date was clashing with my shoot’s schedule and he has been really cooperative and took care of everything while I was busy shooting.”
I don’t want people to know about my personal life, I want people to know about my work. My personal life also includes my parents, brother, husband, and friends. Just because I have to be in the limelight for the sake of my career, I cannot invade their privacy. So this is one of the main reasons why I chose to go for a low-key wedding.”
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books and watch movies. In an interview, while talking about it, Neha said,
I am very fond of reading. I don’t read much these days, but I watch movies a lot. I watch atleast 3-4 movies in a week. I love watching all kinds of movies in different languages.”
- Neha loves cats and dogs. She often shares pictures with them on her Instagram account.
- She has received many awards for her acting skills.