Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 25 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hamid Barkzi
- Hamid Barkzi became the winner of the 18th season of the reality TV show ‘Roadies Revolution,’ released in 2020.
- In 2022, he appeared as a contestant on the reality TV show ‘MTV Splitsvilla X4.’
- Hamid belongs to an Afghan-Muslim family. His father came from Afghanistan to India in the 90s; however, Hamid was born and brought up in India.
- Hamid is the owner of a coffee joint named ‘The Coffee Room by Afghan Gourmet’ in New Delhi.
- In an interview, contrary to Hamid’s participation in MTV Splitsvilla X4 in 2022, when he was asked if would participate in Splitsvilla to which he replied that his parents would not like him to participate in the how.
- He is interested in acting. In an interview, he revealed that he wants to attend an acting school and make a career in acting. Reportedly, he received some offers for acting in films.
- He was always interested in sports and never liked to study.
- He likes to dance, and he often posts his dancing videos on social media.
- In an interview, he revealed that he would like to be a contestant on the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’ and said,
If I get a chance, why not? ‘Bigg Boss’ — I know I have patience, and ‘Bigg Boss’ is a game of patience. But I also know that I am very bad at planning and plotting. I can’t do that at all! I could not do it in ‘Roadies’ as well. I kept performing the tasks well. But let’s see, let’s hope for the best. If I get an opportunity, then I’m definitely going to try for it (Bigg Boss). It will be a different challenge and different experience so, I’ll definitely go for it.”
- In a social media post in 2020, he informed his fans that he tested positive for COVID-19.
- In an interview, after winning the Indian reality show “MTV Roadies” in 2020, he revealed that it was his childhood dream to participate in the show, he said,
‘Roadies’ has been a childhood dream. I went for the Delhi audition, I got rejected and was a little demotivated, but then my family was there, they supported me and motivated me. Then I went for the Chandigarh audition, and finally, I made it. One of the main reasons to enter ‘Roadies’ was that I wanted to have confidence in myself, and I’ve got that finally.”
- He is a fitness enthusiast and likes to work out regularly.
- Since he was a part of the show ‘Roadies Revolution,’ in an interview, when Hamid was asked what kind of revolution he would like to make in society, he said,
My father came from Afghanistan in the 90s. There are many Afghanis, who come to India for treatment and they fall into fraud cases. My father used to personally attend the Afghanis and see they get proper treatment and food and are not cheated here. I would also accompany him since childhood. I would often bunk school too. This has been my vision – to help the needy in society and whatever I can do for my country India in near future.”