Age: 23 Years
Hometown: Mangalore, Karnataka
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divita Rai
- Divita Rai is an Indian model. On 29 August 2022, she was crowned Miss Diva Universe 2022. She was crowned by Miss Universe 2021 Harnaaz Sandhu at a ceremony celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Miss Diva Universe pageant in Mumbai, India. During the same event, Telangana’s Pragnya Ayyagari was crowned the LIVA Miss Diva Supranational 2022.
- In 2018, she was the second runner-up in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant.
- In 2019, she participated in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant organised in Bengaluru.
- Soon after completing her graduation in architecture, she was pursuing her career in architecture in Mumbai.
- According to Divita, she likes playing basketball and badminton in her leisure time. In a media conversation, she stated that reading books and listening to music were her favourite pastime activities.
- In 2021, she participated in the Miss Diva Universe pageant and was chosen as the 2nd Runner Up in the same competition. During this pageant, Harnaaz Sandhu was declared the winner.
- Soon after she won the Miss Diva title in August 2022, she gave an interview to a media house in which she stated that during her childhood, she lived in different parts of the country and frequently changed schools. She added that she had an adaptive personality. She said,
I have a very ‘adaptive’ personality as she changed six schools and lived in different parts of the country as a child. She further stated that her motto in life has been to be acceptable to change and embrace what each moment offers you.”
- According to Divita, her inspiration in life is her father. In a media conversation, she stated the financial conditions of her father’s family were not good; therefore, her father used education as a tool to overcome the adverse circumstances of life. This inspiration motivated her to work toward making education accessible to every child. She continued by saying that she believed that education could empower anyone. Her inspiration to participate in beauty pageants and work as a model is former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen.
- Soon after she was chosen as Miss Diva Universe, she exclaimed with joy on the stage and said,
It feels crazy. I finally have this [crown] on my head. It is unbelievable, I really have no words. It’s crazy.”